Pureeing baby food is one of the most important things in the first few months after birth, especially without a blender. However, it can be quite a challenging task for new parents. With this blog post, we’ll show you how pureeing experiences are easier and more fun. It’s an exciting new way to learn more about your food and get better results.
5 Ways To Puree Baby Food Without a Blender!
1. Using a fork!
Banana puree is the easiest and tasty one and also loved by the babies. This dish is full of nutrients and energy and can be made in no time. All you need to make it are bananas, a fork, a little amount of warm milk, and a bowl. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Wash and peel your banana.
- Cut it in small pieces with a knife.
- Mash the pieces with your fork.
- While mashing, add up to 1 tablespoon of milk to make it smooth.
And Now, it is ready to serve your child.
2. Boiling the food!
Apple puree is always loved by the children and rich in Vitamin C and iron. You can also add up little spices like cinnamon according to your baby’s taste. This one is again a simple recipe to make. Here are the steps:
- Wash and peel the apple.
- Chop the apple into small chunks and remove the hard seeds.
- Put the cubes into the pot and add some water.
- Cover the pot and boil the apple cubes up to 15 minutes approximately until they get soft enough to mash.
- After they get soft, mash them with a fork until it gets smooth enough for the baby.
Here the apple puree is ready without a blender.
3. Using a Grater
Making carrot puree without a blender seems hard, but that is wrong. You can easily make carrot puree using a grater. As carrots are hard and cannot be mashed easily after boiling, so here grater will make your task easy. You can also complement it with potato and some spices, but it is up to you and your baby’s taste. Here are the steps to follow:
- Take a grater, use the thinnest side, and start grating a carrot.
- Put the grated carrot into a pan and add 1/2 cup of water. In this way, carrots can boil easily.
- Here you can add the boiled potato in it if you want. Otherwise, skip this step.
- Now mash the carrots with a fork, and your dish is ready.
4. Using Potato Ricer!
Sweet potatoes are another healthy food for the baby. This is again simple and easy to do. You do not need many pieces of equipment for this. You only need a potato ricer/potato masher for this and follow the following steps:
- Take 1 or 2 potatoes and boil them until they get soft.
- Now peel the boiled potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Use a potato ricer/potato masher to mash the potatoes. Put the potatoes inside the potato ricer and press it. The potatoes will pass through the holes in the shape of mashed rice.
- You can add a tablespoon of milk and mash it with a spoon to make it more smooth.
Here your mash potatoes are ready.
5. Using Mortar & Pestle!
A Motor and pestle works great and maybe even better than the food processor. You always use this to grind ginger garlic, but you can use a separate motor and pestle for making baby’s food. The separate one will make sure that there are no rest spices on it so it will be safe for your child. Here you can follow the steps to puree different types of fruits:
- Take the fruit you want to grind.
- Chop that into small pieces so it will get easy to mash them.
- Put the chop pieces in the motor and use the pestle to mash them.
- Move the pestle in a circular motion and make the puree mixture.
- Put the mixture in the bowl and use the spoon to mash any chunk left.
Here your puree is ready. You can mash any fruit or vegetable in this and will get the smoothest puree.
Since you have learned how to puree baby’s food without a blender, so now, by using the explained tips and techniques, you can easily make any recipe anytime.
All these strategies can be used for various recipes, but you always have to boil the solids like apple, potato, carrot to make them soft for mashing. Blenders for baby food are helpful, but without them, you can also cook, so no worries.