If you are tired of conventional cookware that has unhealthy nonstick coating that eventually start to peel off and leaches in our food and looking for more healthy and best non-toxic cookware, below you will find our tested and reviewed 10 best options available in 2021.
Our 10 Top Picks for Best Non Toxic Cookware in 2021!
- Best Overall Non-Toxic Cookware – Cuisinart Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set (Price: 256.99)
- Best Runner-up Non-Toxic Cookware – GreenPan SearSmart Ceramic Pans (Price: 79.99)
- Best Stainless Steel Non-Toxic Cookware – All-Clad Stainless Steel Sauce Pan Cookware (Price: 309.99)
- Best Non-Toxic Cookware for Money – Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Round Dutch Oven (Price: 369.99)
- Best Cast Iron Non-Toxic Cookware – Lodge Cast Iron Skillet (Price: 22.97)
- Best Ceramic Non-Toxic Cookware – Neoflam Eela Ceramic Nonstick Cookware (Price: 149.99)
- GreenPan Rio Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Cookware (Price: 149.99)
- Best Affordable Non-Toxic Cookware – GreenLife Soft Grip Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Cookware (Price: 79.99)
- Best Non-Toxic Cookware for Induction – Blue Diamond Cookware Triple Steel Ceramic Nonstick Cookware (Price: 147.99)
- Best Non-Toxic Cookware for Gas Stove – BulbHead Red Copper Ceramic Nonstick Cookware (Price: 79.99)
Best Non-Toxic Cookware for 2021!
1. Best Overall Non-Toxic Cookware - Cuisinart Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set
- Cast-stainless-steel handle
- Dishwasher-safe; oven-safe up to 550F
- Suitable for Induction
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Not nonstick
Cuisinart Tri-Ply stainless steel cookware is healthy and non-toxic where you can cook your food without any worries. This multi-clad Pro line is made for all the home chefs who want to take their cooking to the next level.
The cookware comes with 18/10 brushed stainless steel and the interior of pots and pans are mirror polished that provides you non-toxic healthy food release.
The 3ply construction consists of an Aluminum core sandwiched between 18/10 stainless steel layers. Aluminum is a great heat conductor and it provided even heat distribution.
You also get cast stainless steel handles that stay cool during cooking. The cookware also comes with stainless steel lids, no glass lids, that sit tightly on the pots so that the moisture, nutrition, and flavor don’t leak out.
The pots and pans are broiler and oven-safe up to 500F. you will get a lifetime warranty with this cookware.
2. Best Runner-up Non-Toxic Cookware - GreenPan SearSmart Ceramic Pans
- Ceramic nonstick coating
- Oven and broiler safe to 600°F
- Suitable for all stove tops except induction
- Heavier than normal
GreenPan SearSmart pans are designed to give you non-toxic healthy food with a ceramic interior that doesn’t leach any toxic fumes or else into your food which is eventually bad for you.
As ceramic is a natural nonstick, GreenPan has developed the technology, called Thermolon Diamond Advanced, where they want to make sure that the nonstick stays for long, the cookware provides even heat distribution and you cook and clean the pots and pans easily in a fun way.
Although the cookware is metal utensil safe, if you want your GreenPan SmartSear cookware to last longer than normal, we will advise you to use only wooden utensils.
The cookware is oven-safe up to 600F and it comes with a limited warranty.
3. Best Stainless Steel Non-Toxic Cookware - All-Clad Stainless Steel Sauce Pan Cookware
- 5-ply bonded construction
- Optimized for induction
- Flat stainless-steel lids
- Oven & broiler-safe up to 600
All-Clad stainless steel 4qt saucepan is a perfect pan to make healthy and non-toxic sauces, gravy, etc. The straight high walls of the pan are designed to avoid any spillover and you can do your stirring and whisk easily.
The pan is constructed in 5layers, where you will get 2 aluminum layers sandwiched between 3 stainless steel layers. The benefit of this type of construction allows excellent even heat distribution and heat retention so you can cook your food with excellent precision and where you don’t find any hot spots that can ruin your recipe.
The handle is made of thick stainless steel that stays cool during cooking. The pan also has a helper handle for easy transportation of the pan.
It is recommended to wash your All-Clad cookware with warm soapy water and a sponge for long-lasting excellent performance.
4. Best Non-Toxic Cookware for Money - Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Round Dutch Oven
- Even heat distribution and retention
- Sand-colored interior enamel
- 5-1/2-quart cooking space
- Very heavy weight
A Dutch oven is a very essential and versatile cooking vessel for any kitchen around the world. The best thing about a Dutch oven is that you can use it on the stovetop as well as in the oven at high temperatures. You can make a lot of healthy and non-toxic meals using a Dutch oven like, braising meat, stews, soups, and sauces, frying chicken, and even baking bread.
Le Creuset enameled cast-iron Dutch oven provides large grip handles for secure transportation because of its heavy weight.
This Dutch oven can be used on all heat sources including Induction. The capacity of this Dutch oven is 5.5qt which is sufficient to handle an average-sized family meal.
5. Best Cast Iron Non-Toxic Cookware - Lodge Cast Iron Skillet
- 10.25 inches cooking space
- Induction compatible
- Excellent heat retention
Lodge cast iron skillet are famous for their high-quality heavy-duty product that stays in use for decades. Although cast iron cookware is very heavy and many of us find it hard to use and transport, but the benefits of this cookware are endless and the best thing about cast iron cookware is that, if seasoned properly, it provides us healthy and non-toxic food which we all need to have at the first place.
Speaking of this particular cast iron skillet, the cooking area is 10.25 inches in diameter which is a fairly large space to cook in.
The handle will get hot while cooking, which is a common thing with cast iron cookware, but here you will get a silicon handle grip for easy and secure handling of the pan. The helper handle also plays a very important role in the transportation of the pan because of its weight.
Overall, this is a heavy-duty long-lasting skillet that will serve you for an awfully long time.
6. Best Ceramic Non-Toxic Cookware - Neoflam Eela Ceramic Nonstick Cookware
- Superior healthy nonstick
- Cast aluminum design
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Lids may not give you a snug fit
- Handles get hot
Traditional nonstick pans release toxins when overheated and that’s why all of us who strive to have healthy and non-toxic food, look for natural ceramic coated cookware so we can stay healthy and avoid toxicity leaching in our food.
Newflam features Ecolon natural ceramic nonstick interior coating that provides healthy and non-toxic food with excellent nonstick and easy food release with no residue.
You will notice that the handles and the pans are made of one piece, so the handles will get hot but with this cookware set, you will get silicone grips for easy and secure handling of the pots when hot.
It is highly recommended that you should always use wooden utensils and should keep the flame at low or medium-level if you want the natural ceramic coating to last longer than normal.
With the limited lifetime warranty, the cookware includes 1.5QT Covered Saucepan with Glass Lid (7″), 4.5QT Covered Stockpot with Glass Lid (9.5″), 2.5QT Low Stockpot with Glass Lid (9.5″), 11″ Frying Pan.
7. GreenPan Rio Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Cookware
- Thermolon healthy ceramic nonstick
- Heavy-gauge construction
- Oven safe up to 350°F
- Safe for all stove tops except induction
- Not scratch resistant
We love GreenPan for its durability, design, and range of collection that it offers and GreenPan Rio is no exception. This 16pc healthy non-toxic cookware is affordable and features all the necessary cooking pots and pans that you require to make your favorite recipes every day.
GreenPan specifically uses diamonds infused Thermolon nonstick which is a natural ceramic non-toxic nonstick coating in its cookware because that not only gives us healthy food, but it makes cooking fun because the food doesn’t stick, and hence cleaning is super easy.
The GreenPan Rio cookware collection is available in three colors, Black, Red, and Turquoise.
The Bakelite handles are well riveted and gives you a good grip but they might loosen up with the use.
GreenPan Rio cookware comes with shatterproof glass lids and the pans and lids are oven-safe up to 350F.
8. Best Affordable Non-Toxic Cookware - GreenLife Soft Grip Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Cookware
- Healthy ceramic nonstick coating
- Soft Grip Bakelite handles
- Rivetless interior
- Oven safe to 350°F
- For all stove tops except induction
- Cannot use oil spray
When you are looking for healthy toxin-free food with cookware that gives you comfort and control, GreenLife soft grip ceramic cookware is the best affordable non-toxic cookware choice you have.
GreenLife features advanced Thermolon natural ceramic nonstick coating that performs better than normal nonstick coating.
The soft grip handles stay cool during the cooking. The cookware is available in four different colors that add vibrant color to your kitchen.
The glass lids help you monitor the food while it’s cooking and the cookware is oven safe up to 350F.
We highly recommend using only wooden utensils with this cookware if you want the interior nonstick coating to last longer than normal.
9. Best Non-Toxic Cookware for Induction - Blue Diamond Cookware Triple Steel Ceramic Nonstick Cookware
- Diamond-infused ceramic nonstick
- Toxin-Free Interior
- Oven and broiler safe up to 600°F
- 3-Ply construction
- For all stove tops, including induction
- No metal utensils
Blue Diamond healthy toxin-free nonstick ceramic cookware features 3ply construction with aluminum sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel that provides excellent heat retention and even heat distribution for perfect cooking.
The stainless steel exterior and the blue naturally nonstick ceramic interior give this cookware a premium look that adds a bold fashion statement to your kitchen.
This toxin-free cookware comes with cool-to-touch steel handles and shatterproof glass lids. The Blue Diamond cookware is oven and broiler-safe up to 600F. The handles will get hot during oven use, so be aware of that.
The set includes, 8″ and 11″ frying pans, 3.5QT sauté pan with lid, 11″ wok, nylon slotted turner, and nylon solid spoon.
10. Best Non-Toxic Cookware for Gas Stove - BulbHead Red Copper Ceramic Nonstick Cookware
- Oven safe up to 500
- Non-stick and scratch-resistant
- Nice weight and reasonably heavy bottom
- Handles get hot
This cookware from BulbHead features a copper-infused healthy toxin-free ceramic interior coating that allows you to cook healthy food every day for your loved ones.
This 10pc cookware set has all the necessary cooking pots and pans that you need to do your day-to-day cooking without any trouble.
The aluminum bonded base provides excellent heat retention and heat distribution. The cookware is oven-safe up to 500F but the lids are not oven safe.
You may notice the handles get hot while cooking for a while, so take precautions to avoid burns. To get the best nonstick experience, the pans need to be seasoned initially as per instructions.
It is advisable to use only non-metal utensils to avoid scratching the interior of the cookware. Although the cookware is dishwasher safe, hand wash is recommended.
The set includes an 8-inch fry pan10-inch fry pan with lid1.5-quart sauce pot with a lid2.5-quart sauce pot with lid6-quart sauce pot with a lid Aluminum steamer.
What to look for when buying healthy Non-toxic cookware in 2021?
When looking for toxin-free healthy cookware, you should check for the material used to make the cookware nonstick.
Generally, there are two types of nonstick is used in our cookware.
Teflon coated nonstick cookware when heated, emits toxic fumes in the air and that also leaches into our food which is extremely unhealthy. So you need to avoid Teflon coated nonstick cookware at all costs.
Ceramic or ceramic coated cookware is the best option if you are looking for healthy and toxin-free cookware. If it’s 100% ceramic, you should not worry about any chemicals because there are no chemicals involved.
If the cookware is Ceramic Coated, make sure its lead, Cadmium, PFOA, and PFAs free. Finding this kind of cookware is easy because most manufacturers will mention that on the labels.
Look for the durable cookware material, because you will not want to through away your cookware after a year or two of use. Cast iron and stainless steel fall into the safe and healthy cookware material category and if you take precautionary measures to maintain your cookware, these can last for decades.
If some sort of chemicals is used in cookware that makes it nonstick, then the nonstick condition will deteriorate with time and the chemicals will start to leach into the food. To avoid that, you need to take precautionary measures, follow clean healthy maintenance practices to avoid that.
The price of the cookware is something you should be considered in the first place. Remember, cheap isn’t always low quality. So always look for the better brand that offers the cookware at a reasonable and affordable price.
What type of cookware is non-toxic & healthy for me?
All cookware that features the silicon-based nonstick ceramic interior coating called Thermolon is healthy and non-toxic.
“The Thermolon coating is made by a Sol-Gel process that results in forming a coating layer on the surface of the pan. This layer comprises mainly Silicon Dioxide (SiO2), which is the same composition as glass (or sand from which glass is made). There are some additional materials such as pigments that give the color. All the materials in Thermolon are 100% safe for use in food contact coatings”. ireadlabelsforyou
How to clean non-toxic cookware for long-lasting performance?
Toxin-free cookware generally has an interior ceramic nonstick coated layer which needs extra care and maintenance so that it lasts longer.
The achieve that, we need to clean it in a precise manner so that the coater doesn’t get damaged which will eventually ruin the cookware.
The clean the non-toxic ceramic cookware you need to do the following.
- Let the cookware cool down if you recently have cooked in it.
- Fill your dishwashing tank with warm water and put some dishwashing liquid in it.
- Now place/submerge the cookware in the warm water and let it be for a few min.
- Use a sponge or soft dish cleaning cloth, no abrasive cleaning items, and clean the surface of the cookware.
- When done, rinse the cookware with warm water and immediately dry it with a soft dish cleaning cloth.
- You can also put the cookware in your dish rack to air dry.