In the modern world, everyone wants convenience. No one has the extra energy and time to take care of high-maintenance products, whether it’s a plant, furniture, or a kitchen appliance.
Similarly, long gone are the days when gas grills required extra efforts to keep them working.
Today, the best low maintenance gas grill will make your life so much easier.
These gas grills are easy to clean, use, and store. They don’t require a lot of regular care or investment, making them so much more convenient for people who always have limited time on their hands.
Here are the current top options on the market to help you get a kick start on finding the best gas grill in 2020.
We honestly hope that you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may earn a share of sale or small commission from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, that help us meet the maintenance cost of our website.
List Of The Best Low Maintenance Gas Grills!
1. Weber Genesis ii S-435 - Best Gas Grill
This beautiful high-end yet low-maintenance gas grill by Weber offers excellent performance and unique features. This unit’s significant characteristics include a management system for grease, four stainless steel bars, high-quality burners, and infinity ignition.
This gas grill has one sear station burner and one side burner, combining to deliver an output of 69,000 BTUs. The cooking grates comprise stainless steel rods that are 7 millimeters in diameter and provide excellent heat retention. If you are having trouble assembling this unit, you can download the BILT app. It is absolutely free and offers 3D instructions for your comfort and convenience.
What’s more, the design is stainless steel which makes it very easy to clean and maintain. Extra room for storage under the burners is also a significant convenience. It is a nicely-built low-maintenance unit that works great and doesn’t require any extra efforts for care.
- You can get this unit in two colors: black and stainless steel.
- The manufacturers provide a 10-year warranty.
- Genesis is compatible with iGrill 3.
- Automatic notification for reaching perfect temperature makes cooking easier.
- The stainless steel exterior is aesthetically pleasing and very easy to clean.
- This Weber gas unit gives you room for enclosed storage as well.
- Buyers on a budget will find this gas grill very expensive.
- There are openings on the three sides of the cabinet, which allow animals and dust to enter freely.
2. Char-Griller Pro 3001 - Best Cheap Gas Grill
This 40,800 BTU gas grill has a comfortable grilling area of 438 square inches and a 192 square inch warming rack. You also get a convenient side shelf as a workplace to put your dishes, materials, utensils, and whatnot.
Apart from the simple and straightforward design, the gas grill has a durable and robust steel construction with excellent features.
These include an electronic ignition, cast iron grates coated with porcelain, a side burner, and attacked wheels.
The powder coating on the grill makes it resistant to harsh outdoor environments. Thus, the complete unit has a low-maintenance design perfect for backyard grilling.
- It is the most affordable option out of our top five.
- The matte black stylish exterior is as eye-catching as a gas grill can be.
- Heavy steel construction reduces the amount of care needed to maintain the gas grill.
- The side shelf adds to the convenience of the unit.
- The utensil hooks make organization easy and minimize the unnecessary mess on the workplace.
- The design of this Char-Griller is overall effortless to clean.
- Durable finish with powder coating adds to the longevity and low-maintenance of the unit.
- It weighs less than 100 pounds, so it is effortless to move around.
- You don’t get an ash pan like other competitive grills.
- Assembling this gas unit can be tricky for some people.
3. Fuego Element Hinged 2-Burner Gas Grill
If you like innovative, compact, and modern designs, you’ll love this Feugo masterpiece. It has a unique appearance with a cylindrical body and a hinged gas grill with wheeled feet. The body perfectly hides a propane tank inside and doesn’t need any extra room for it separately. This unit’s overall footprint is small, so you can be a perfect option for small balconies and patios.
The unique drop-through system for residue removal enables the grease to escape right through and fall on the residue tray. This feature allows for easy cleaning at the end of the day. The grilling grate is cast iron and has a very convenient space of 346 square inches. The unit also has an optional pizza stone kit and griddle. Other favorable features of this gas grill include electronic ignition, dual-zone burner system, indirect grilling, and fast heating.
Together, the gas grill’s design, features, and specs make it extremely low-maintenance and easy to use.
- You can choose one out of two color options, including dark gray and stainless steel.
- The porcelain enamel cover or lid helps eliminate bubbling for the peeling of paint.
- The design is modern, compact, and quite convenient to move and store.
- The latest drop-through system allows easy cleaning and makes the grill low-maintenance.
- Assembly only takes 30 minutes or less.
- Despite the company’s claims, several customers have faced problems of peeling paint and rusting.
4. Weber Q 1200 - Best Easy Use Gas Grill
Weber has the best low-maintenance gas grills designs, and this unit is another perfect, modern example. It is a gas grill unit with an aluminum body and lid and cast iron grates. There are two side tables on either side, and you can adjust the height of the gas grill as per your preference.
The gas grill’s technological features include electronic ignition with an easy-start mechanism, valve settings for the burner, a nylon frame with glass reinforcements, 8500 BTU per hour, and a cooking space of 189 square inches.
Overall, the unit is easy to use, the construction is durable, and the cleaning needs are relatively simple, making the entire unit as low-maintenance as it gets.
- You can choose a gas grill from 6 different color options, including Titanium, black, blue, green, orange, and red.
- Cast aluminum construction makes it durable and low maintenance.
- The foldable design of this gas grill makes it easy to store and carry.
- The nonstick grates are very easy to clean.
- The side tables are convenient, sturdy, and adequately-sized.
- This Weber gas grill is quite expensive.
- It takes approximately 15 minutes or so to reach a temperature of 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Weber Genesis II E-330 Gas Grill
With an input of 9000 BTU per hour, this high-performance gas grill gives you the ease of cooking, cleaning, and storing. It has a side burner, a sear station, and cast-iron cooking grates. These grates are porcelain-enameled for maximum heat retention.
Other advanced and beneficial features of this gas grill include even grilling, iGrill 3 connectivity, extra storage under the grill, and a fuel gauge that you can read easily. Plus, a tuck-away rack makes it easy for you to store and keep warm your food items while grilling.
The grates are easy to clean, and the unit is strongly built- bring them both together, and you’ve got yourself the perfect low-maintenance gas grill!
- You can get this Weber gas grill in four different colors, including smoke, crimson, copper, and black.
- You get a 10-year warranty by Weber.
- The side burners allow multifunctional usage and versatility.
- This unit can be a little expensive for some buyers.
6. Weber Spirit II E-310 Gas Grill - Best Value
Weber Spirit grill is smartly designed and looks impressive. It is lightweight, and with two wheels, it is easy to move. The 424 square inch cooking space of the grill is ample to cook large quantities of food. Also, the 105 square inch warming rack sufficiently manages the task of keeping things at the right temperature.
The compact size of the grill can easily fit into tight spaces because of the two stainless steel side tables included in it for convenience in preparation work one can be folded down to save space.
There is a removable propane gas tank with a fuel gauge available on its outside. With a push of a button, the grill’s electronic crossover ignition system easily ignites its three stainless steel burners, eventually putting out 30,000 BTU. The built-in lid thermometer helps to monitor the heating system.
Its cast-iron cooking grates are durable and look perfectly seasoned for superior heat retention. The grill’s disposable catch pan and the grease trays that slide out quite easily are perfect for a quick clean-up.
- The spacious grilling area and inclusion of stainless-steel tables on the sides of the grill can easily accommodate cooking for a large size family.
- Grilling is not possible without adequate heat. But this grill impressively does this through the provision of an electronic crossover ignition system for desirable control on the heating system of the grill.
- The grill may look costlier, but its value in terms of serving food to a big family along with a 10-year warranty certainly makes it worth the price tag.
- The cooking ranges usually attract insects. This grill, however, has a protective screen that won’t allow the insects to enter into it.
- Sometimes the two stainless steel tables make the grill heavier and require more than one person to move it for setup.
- The three burners may be enough for a small family, but for larger parties, the grill doesn’t have space for a side burner. That might limit the multiple tasks of cooking different dishes at the same time to serve a large group.
- Although the grill’s parts are packaged and labeled, the setup instructions are pretty confusing and complicate the task of putting the grill together before getting started with cooking.
7. Cuisinart CGG-501 2 Burner - Best Portable Gas Griddle
Cuisinart CGG-501 Gourmet Gas Griddle comes with two stainless steel burners, two knobs, a metal cooking surface, and a built-in gas hose connection. This is a compact and portable gas griddle.
It is easy to set up within 10 minutes as it does not require any assembly. The burner knobs set easily and turn with just a push. The griddle’s twist-to-start ignition powers the two burners, to light it quickly, and combined, they produce 20,000 BTUs.
The griddle has a stable and reasonably sized cast-iron slab, measuring 285 square inches and retains heat impressively to allow searing. The oil disperses evenly on the griddle to deliver an exceptional grilling experience.
Although not only barbeque grill, this griddle even works great in the backyard barbecue and performs much better than a normal bbq won’t.
The griddle has an oil or fat capture tray that can be removed for easy cleaning. The griddle’s surface is easy to clean and settles back into place comfortably after cleaning.
- It is designed to work great on the patio. Anyone who has limited space at home for cooking would find it the best fit.
- Its instruction booklet is simple and easy to follow and even includes a recipe book.
- The griddle can cook for up to 8 people in a family. So, it is a handy choice for a medium-sized family.
- It is easy to lift off the cooking surface for cleaning. A sponge with a rough edge, soap, and water can do the cleaning job without any hassle.
- This low-cost griddle covers a one-year warranty.
- The drip pan usually sticks and becomes hard to get out and back in.
- Camping with this griddle in windy areas will spoil the camping taste as high winds won’t let the griddle get hot enough for perfect cooking.
- Leveling is an issue. A tabletop is required to adjust for a perfect level.
8. Broil King 952654 Porta-Chef 320 - Best Portable Gas Grill
The Broil king 952644 is a portable grill and has made grilling easier and more convenient.
It comes with 3-stainless steel burners with 18000 BTU of output. These high-quality burners give you the maximum flame output through more than 100 ports.
It consists of cast iron grids to convey incredible warmth maintenance and remarkable burning capacity to lock in juices and flavors and will provide steakhouse-style sear marks.
The Flav-R-Wave cooking system evenly distributes heat, protects the burner, and vaporizes drippings for great smoky barbecue flavor. Linear Flow valves that let you set your grill to the perfect temperature and give you infinite heat control.
The Therma-Cast cook box made from die-cast aluminum, which will never rust, will retain heat and provide long-lasting durability.
It provides 430 square inches of cooking space in total so you can make a lot of food in one go. It comes with four sturdy detachable snap-in legs. While storing or transporting you can easily detach legs and store them in the base of the grill.
- It has all those features included in a full-size grill.
- The tube burners, and legs, are made of pure stainless steel, so the product ensures enhanced durability.
- It’s easy to assemble, as its cooking system is designed to be easy to use on-the-go.
- It comes with a 10-year cook box warranty, 5-year warranty on the stainless-steel burners, and a 2-year warranty on all remaining parts and paint.
- Its large portable grill provides plenty of space to cook for about 6 people.
- It is a little expensive.
9. Royal Gourmet GB4001 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill
The Royal Gourmet Grills have the best features and technology. It has a durable structure with compact dimensions and best for cooking large meals.
It produces a large amount of heat at one time and has a great ability to retain heat. As it has four stainless steel burners, each boasts 12000 BTU, a total 52, 000 BTUs.
This versatile feature ensures perfect heating and allows the user to adjust the temperature according to the food requirements.
It comes with a 792 square inch surface area and is enough to cook a meal for the group of multiple people. You can cook more than 20 burgers, patties at a time, which is perfect for 8 to 10 people to use.
The grill has a durable steel frame with powder coating and burners made up of stainless steel material.
It is a portable gas grill, and you can carry this station anywhere possible, as it contains four casters wheels that deliver outstanding performance.
Its push ignition button makes operating this station very easy. The quality material ensures the durability of this product.
- It heats up quickly, and heat distribution is really good.
- Its grill and griddle combination allows cooking almost everything on it.
- It can make large meals easily with its 792 square inch cooking surface.
- Push-button ignition makes all work easy.
- Steel construction provides superb durability.
- All the parts have a one year warranty.
- It doesn’t come with any cover.
- It came with a very small container and may spill due to the large quantity of meat.
- There is no side burner.
10. Char-Broil 4-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Char-Broil 463377319 BBQ gas grill comes with a sleek stainless-steel look and some attractive features. It has four stainless steel burners, each produces 9,000 BTUs, of efficient heat.
It also helps to distribute 36,000 BTUs of heat evenly across the grates. It also has a 10,000 BTU side burner, which makes your cooking space larger and more efficient.
Cooking grates made of porcelain-coated finish gives them non-stick properties, while also making the grates easy to clean.
The greased pan comes with the same finishing along with the cast-iron grates, which provide maximum heat retention.
It has a grilling area of 425 square inches, and there is also a 150 square inch warming rack ideal for toasting buns.
It has a thermometer feature that allows you to make sure that your grill is at your ideal temperature. It has an electronic ignition for reliable and easy startup.
It provides stainless steel side shelves on both sides of the grill, used to hold sauces and cooking tools.
- It is quite easy to assemble with the help of its manual.
- It is just the right size grill, not small and not too big.
- It is easy to clean due to its porcelain coating on the cast iron grill grates.
- It gives a fine warranty, as the stainless-steel burners come with five years of warranty. The Lid and Firebox each have a two-year warranty, and all other parts and components carry a 1-year warranty.
- It gets heavy for one person to move from one place to another.
- It is more suitable for indoor use, because if it gets outside, and there is rain, then there are chances of water getting inside its parts like the battery.
To sum up, the top five options mentioned above will help you find the best low maintenance gas grill for your budget and requirements. If you decide to buy one of these recommendations, make sure you go through their reviews, pros, and cons to make an informed decision. As a buyer, you should know precisely what you’re looking for and what you’re getting into!
What are some important factors to consider before buying a BBQ gas grill?
Getting your hands on the best low maintenance gas grill isn’t as easy as one might assume. Not every appliance is ideal for every buyer, and plenty of things come into consideration before you make your final purchase. If you know little about these machines and find this decision intimidating, what you need is this buying guide.
Following are the most important factors to consider before you finalize your decision. Its important because we want you to make the right decision.
The type of fuel:
There are various types of gas grills depending on the fuel they run on, and each one has a wide range of options, examples, pros, and cons. Majorly, gas grills come with two types of fuels: natural gas and liquid propane.
As mentioned earlier, each of these gas grills is suitable for different lifestyles, preferences, and budgets.
You will usually find a liquid propane tank attached to these gas grills or a conversion kit to connect your grill to a natural gas supply line.
Natural gas Vs. Liquid propane
Natural gas Vs. Liquid propane is a widespread debate with a never-ending discussion. Natural gas is relatively environment-friendly, cleaner, and cheaper.
Plus, you don’t have to bother with refilling tanks. In contrast, propane tanks are relatively more portable, and you can take them around for traveling purposes as well.
Every individual has a different set of personal preferences and favors one over the other accordingly.
Cast iron-coated and stainless steel grates are the most suggested and the most popular choices in terms of maintenance, temperature control, and searing. Stainless steel grates are heavy-duty and relatively more durable.
Pushbuttons or rotatory igniters have now become old news. Electronic igniters are the modern way to go because they are more reliable and relatively more comfortable to use.
Modern and latest designs of gas grills come with a side burner. This burner is an extra stove so you can saute, sauce, or boil while grilling. Various models also come with a searing burner, so you choose one depending on what you want.
Controls have a significant impact on the overall usability of a gas grill. Their efficiency, range, and design matter a lot. For example, the latest gas grills include dials with smooth rotation, a stainless steel construction, and an led backlight.
Gauges indicate the amount of propane in the tank. They help you predict when you’re running out of gas to get a refill on time. Even though most of the latest models have this convenient feature, you can always purchase it separately if it doesn’t.
How your propane tank is stored in the gas grill is important because it determines how portable and convenient your grill will be.
Most of the modern types of gas grills have a closed cabinet that stores the tank or a pullout tray, which conveniently slides the tank in and out without you having to do much work.
This feature helps save a lot of your effort and ground space.
Natural Gas conversion kits:
As mentioned earlier, gas grills have natural gas conversion kits or dual-fuel valves to convert to natural gas.
A conversion kit costs around $50 to $100, and once you connect it to the natural gas line in your house, you don’t have to worry about refills anymore.
However, doing this means that you will make your grill less mobile and be limited to using it in only one place.
Size and height of the gas grill:
There are multiple options in the market in terms of the size and height of the gas grill. However, the decision depends on your individual needs and choices.
Some of the factors that affect this decision include your height, family size, how much food you plan to make, the storage space measurements for your gas grill, etc.
Some of the significant types of gas grills characterized by size are the following:
Portable gas grills:
These gas grills are small and light enough to fit your RVs, vans, and other vehicles. You can easily carry them around, they don’t take a lot of space, and they give enough work performance to serve a group of people on a trip.
Small gas grill:
Smaller gas grills are ideal for individual use or small gatherings. These grills have a relatively smaller housing with a more compact grilling space.
Mid-sized gas grill :
If you have a smaller family but like to have guests over from time to time, get a medium-sized gas grill. It is not too small, and it is not too large either.
It will make enough food in a single serving while maintaining it’s size and measurements to not be overwhelming in your storage space.
Large gas grill:
If you have a relatively bigger family or tend to have frequent grilling parties, invest in a large gas grill. It provides maximum grilling space with convenient features such as side burners and more storage area and gets the job done much quicker for a larger group of people.
Depending on what kind of cooking you like to do, keep a note of a gas grill’s temperature range. Some models don’t have a temperature range enough to meet your requirements.
This temperature range decides how fast, efficient, versatile, and multi-purpose the grill will be. It will determine what kind of food you can make on the machine without ruining the quality.
So, to avoid any major complaints and regrets later, make sure you keep an eye out for this particular aspect of the grill.
British thermal units per hour (BTU):
A BTU/hr reading determines the amount of gas that your grill will use to generate the optimum heat level. The higher this reading, the faster your grill will use the fuel, and the quicker your machine will run out of it.
Design and aesthetics:
Everyone has a particular aesthetic sense, even when it comes to gas grills and other kitchen appliances.
Some like a sleek, modern, Chrome finish while others like to keep it vibrant, quirky, and stylish. Similarly, some people have a knack for foldable or collapsible designs, while others want an upright and fixed gas grill.
With the continuous improvement and modernization of these gas grills, there are now hundreds of different market options. Ensure you know what your likes and dislikes are when it comes to design and aesthetics and choose one accordingly.
The materials used in gas grill construction are essential to consider. Aluminum and stainless steel are currently the most popular materials to make gas grills. The reason behind this preference is the durability, reliability, strength, and appearance of these materials.
Just like anything else, gas grills also have their associated safety concerns. The sturdier the design and the stronger the materials used in the construction, the safer the appliance. Before you finalize a purchase, make sure that the nuts, bolts, controls, and other features work correctly.
A stable grill is essential, as is a design with rounded edges to reduce injury risk. Plus, make sure the handles are always cool to touch, do not transfer heat, and are long enough so you can hold them from a distance and not burn your hand on the flame.
Lightweight construction, smaller size, and wheels on the bottom are the latest additions to traditional gas grills. These machines are much easier to move around so you can grill anywhere you want.
Additional features are always convenient and add to the overall usability of a gas grill. These features include utensil hooks, side shelves, bottle holders, built-in thermometers, timers, etc. Even though they sometimes add to the gas grill’s price, the few extra bucks are almost always worth it if you have the budget.
What is the best gas grill for the money?
As in Sep. 2020 and after doing our research we have come to the conclusion that Weber Genesis ii S-435 is the best gas grill for the money in 2020.
Weber Genesis II S435 significant characteristics include a sophisticated management system for grease. It also includes four stainless steel bars, high-quality burners, and infinity ignition.
What is the easiest gas grill to use? Especially for women.
Fuego Element Hinged Gas Grill is by far the easiest gas grill to use in 2020. It is designed and constructed with simplicity in mind and because our women mostly dominate in the cooking department, this gas grill is made in such a way that women can easily operate it without much of a trouble.
What is the best gas grill under $500?
If the budget is not a problem and are looking for the best gas grill that you can find under $500, we will highly recommend Weber Spirit II E-310. It is available in two colors, Black & Ivory.
With 529 sq inches of cooking space, this gas grill features 3 burners and also has a built-in lid thermometer.
Weber Spirit II E-310 comes with a 10 year warranty.