Using the best food processor for dough can ease out your kneading efforts in a short time while retaining its weight and texture.
Food processors are the most versatile pieces of kitchen equipment, and they make your life so much easier. They help you with almost everything, including the complex and tiring task of making the perfect dough!
If you, too, are looking for the perfect food processor to make the dough, the options below will undoubtedly help you get a kick start.
List of best food processor for dough in 2022!
1. Best Overall - Cuisinart Food Processor DFP-14BCNY
- ⅗ years warranty for the motor
- Three different kinds of blades- shredding, mixing, and slicing discs.
- Single-touch operation enables easy navigation
- Seven different settings to allow customization and versatility
- Hard to clean latches on the lid and around and under the blade.
- 720 Watts Motor power
- 14-cup Capacity
- 36 inches long cord
- Extra-large feeding tube
- Large and small pushers
- Inclusive recipe booklet/ instruction guide and spatula
- Dishwasher-safe components
The brushed, stainless steel silver exterior of Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY food processor makes it a treat to the eye and very simple to clean and maintain.
You can get it in 5 different colors based on your personal preferences. So far, consumers are happy with the processor’s blending power and safety features.
2. Best Runner-up - KitchenAid KFP0722CU 7-Cup Food Processor
One User Raved: “Overall I would not only recommend this to anyone in the market for a processor, I would also repurchase if for some reason I was separated from mine.” Read More
- Rating: 4.4
- Price: $119.99
- Versatile product
- Compact design
- Easy to store
- Aesthetically pleasing and modern
- Easy to use and maintain
- Three different color options
- Makes minimal mess
- 1-year warranty
- Not suitable for larger families.
- Multi-purpose blade
- 7 cups capacity
- 3-speed options: pulse, high, and low.
- 2-in-1 feeding tube
- Ultra-tight seal locking system
- Adjustable slicing disc and reversible shredding disc
- Exact-slice system
- External lever for slicing adjustment
- Polycarbonate plastic base
The bowl and exterior of the machine are very easy to clean. Plus, the 7 cup capacity is generally enough for a small or average-sized family.
The general design of the processor is easy to understand. It is simple enough even for those who have never used a food processor before.
Overall, it is a crowd-favorite for its versatility and usefulness.
3. Breville BFP660SIL – Best Food Processor for Hummus
One User Raved: “So clean and easy and puree is weirdly easy to make with it – with anything. I thought for a minute that the spatula was kind of unnecessary; it’s not, it’s perfect.” Read More
- Rating: 4.7
- Price: $284.99
- Pre-cutting not required
- Pulse function gives even processing and control
- Compact size
- BPA-free plastic
- Easy to use
- Adjustable slicing disc
- Multiple chute options for versatility
- Very short cord
- 12 cups of capacity
- plastic bowl
- Safety braking system
- Chute of 5-inch width
- Pulse feature
- 1000-Watts induction motor
- 110-120 Volts
Breville food processor can easily grate cheese, chop herbs, and mix batters, but most importantly, it is the best food processor for hummus.
The machine is overall very simple and looks great sitting on the kitchen counter. The smart, compact size also makes it convenient to tuck it away inside a cabinet or put it in a corner.
4. Oster Blender Pro 1200 - Best Value For The Money
- BPA-free plastic
- Pulse function increases usability
- Big range of settings for versatility
- 10-year all-metal warranty
- Stainless steel exterior looks modern
- Below average customer service
- 5 cups of capacity in processing bowl
- 1200 Watts processing motor
- Seven different speeds
- Three preset settings
- Pulse function
- Dual direction blade
- Stainless-steel slicing and chopping disc
- 16 inches of cord
- Comes with a glass “jug” and a to-go smoothie cup.
When it comes to dough-kneading, the processor is see-through, so you can see everything happening inside. The machine has all the settings nicely labeled, so it’s easy to figure out what button is for what.
5. Best Food Processor with Dough Hook - Bosch Universal Plus Stand Mixer
One User Raved: “This thing is a beast. It mixes my cookie dough with no problems. Cleaning is a little bit of a chore because it has a lot of nooks and crannies but it is totally worth it!” Read More
- Rating: 4.7
- Price: $469.99
- BPA-free plastic bowl
- Easy-grip handle
- Removable drive shaft for quick and easy cleanup
- Comes with plenty of attachments
- 3-year motor warranty
- Fast motor speed can damage plastic whips easily and quickly
- 6.5 Quarts capacity in a plastic bowl
- Dual beaters
- Powerful belt-driven transmission
- Ability to hold 15 pounds of dough
- White base with four slip-free limbs
- 800 watts motor power
- 4-speed options
- Pulse function
- Comes with wire whips, plastic whip drive, dough hook, lid, and pouring shield
People who have a knack for aesthetic kitchen appliances will love Bosch food processor with dough hook. Apart from being stunningly beautiful, it is easy to navigate and is very storage-friendly.
The appliance is also very lightweight so you can carry it around easily.
Dishwasher-safe components are another bonus that makes cleanup a breeze!
6. Cuisinart DLC-2011CHBY Food Processor
One User Raved: “I still have my original Cuisinart food processor I got as a wedding gift 45 years ago…it works perfect. I bought this to keep at my second home and love it!” Read More
- Rating: 4.7
- Price: $259.99
- Compact base
- Large capacity
- Long cord for ease of connection
- Stainless steel exterior looks chic and elegant
- Easy to clean the stains from the exterior
- Tough to assemble
- Bowl’s quality could be better
- 9 cups of capacity
- Stainless-steel slicing and shredding disc
- Kneading blade
- One-piece feeding tube
- 36 inches cord length
- Touchpad controls
- Detachable stem disc
- Comes with a recipe book and spatula
This large food processor is perfect for big families who need to make large amounts of dough. Even though it won’t fit into cabinets due to its tall height.
The base if pretty compact, so it won’t take a lot of space on the counter.
7. Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Food Processor
- Large capacity
- Elimination of pre-cutting needs saves time
- Simple functioning
- Aesthetic design
- The guide is very simple and straightforward
- Only two settings for speed
- 12 cups of capacity
- 450 watts motor
- 2-speed options
- Pulse function
- Sealed bowl
- Stainless steel blades
- Large feed chute
- Comes with an instruction manual
Overall, Hamilton Beach food processor has a great fan-following majorly due to its safe and durable construction.
It is easy to set up with its stack and snap assembly. Plus, consumers love it for its safety features and blending power.
8. Oster FPSTFP1355 2-Speed Processor for Dough
- With a 500 watts motor, the processing quality of the food processor is much impressive as the machine remains stable while working.
- Kneading dough is the best job you can do with such an inexpensive food processor.
- Its work bowl can sufficiently handle your large food prep requirements as well as small ones.
- This food processor is easy to set up and clean.
- The food processor does not adequately shred Parmesan as it may produce a bit more food waste by pulling the Parmesan into the lid.
- Mincing parsley may look a bit mangled if you try to process it in the food processor.
- If you wish to grind foods with high oil content, this food processor is not designed for this job.
- Although the product is easy to clean, you may sometimes find it difficult to clean the remains of raw vegetables like carrots and Parmesan that is stuck in the small groove in the feeder tube part of the lid that is meant to trap the food particles.
- 500-Watt motor
- 2 speeds and pulse control buttons
- A 10-cup capacity work bowl with locking lid
- Black colour
- 5 inch wide and large mouth food chute with food pusher
- Dough blade
- Stainless steel reversible slicing/ shredding disc
- One dishwasher safe
- Cord storage
10 years motor warranty and 3 years manufacturer’s warranty
Oster 2-Speed food processor is affordable and multi-functional basic food processor is the best buy for you, particularly when you like quietness while doing the basic food processing in your kitchen.
The product is compact and easy to store after use. Its three different speed setting buttons give you the option to customize the speed for better output.
Large feeder tube of Oster family food processor allows you a continuous feed to process longer items such as cucumber and carrots.
The feed tube is large enough to process a whole potato and even tomato without any trimming.
To save space, the manufacturer has included a reversible slicing and shredding disc in the processor’s attachment.
You can handle the disc conveniently with the finger holes. This will keep them safe too.
The food processor can exceptionally chop vegetables without pureeing them. There is absolutely no fear of any leakage while dealing with liquid items up to the capacity of 3 1/3 cups.
Although this food processor is relatively lightweight, its impressive suction cup feet are designed in such a way that the appliance won’t move on the counter when the food is being processed.
9. Cuisinart FP-12BCN Elite Collection Food Processor
One User Raved: “I purchased this to start cooking and it works well. It is only my wife and I so I wanted something small yet serviceable. I use this to make soups, salsa and other options. Would highly recommend” Read More
- Rating: 4.5
- Price: $289.99
- It’s great 10 years motor and 3 years other parts warranty will alleviate your worries you might have about spending RRP $217.15 on this.
- It is easy to operate as there are only three settings – on / off and pulse.
- The powerful motor will help in working with heavy and solid ingredients.
- Its 2 different bowls will handle all your large food prep requirements, plus your small ones.
- The bowl material is made of plastic which can be broken if not used carefully.
- It is missing some attachments, like a French fries blade. You have to buy it separately to use it.
- Sometimes shredding and slicing blade does not fit to the edge of the bowl, so large chunks of food end up in the bowl.
- 12-cups capacity
- Electronic touchpad controls ON/OFF and PULSE
- Blue LED light
- Blade lock system
- Slicing disc (1 to 6 – millimeters)
- Shredding disc (fine/medium)
- Large and small stainless steel blades
- Dough blade
- 10 years motor and 3 years limited warranty
If you want a food processor that plays out the best with the range of tasks including shredding cheese, slicing carrots, emulsifying mayonnaise, kneading dough, and easy to use then, I would recommend this.
It comes with a range of tools to perform a wide variety of tasks and is highly user friendly.
It is durable and backed by a good warranty, which reflects your investment. For better control, it has a pulse control system and easy on-off buttons, which avoid the confusion in operating the machine.
It has a 12-cup large and 4-cup small bowl capacity, that is convenient, as the large one makes party preps easy for you, and you can use the small one for small tasks like chopping or grinding.
It comes up with a variety of adjustable and heavy-duty blades and discs. The slicing and shredding blades chop finely and produce evenly sized slices.
The dough blade expertly kneads the dough up to your requirements. Its blade lock system maximizes the safety of leakage, and it has the most powerful motor to perform heavy-duty tasks.
All parts are removable and easy to clean. Overall it’s a great mini food processor and a pleasure to use.
10. Decen Food Processor
- Do not be wary of the price tag as you get the value of the price you will be paying.
- As you move on to work with it and perform various jobs, you will appreciate its worth.
- Your time saving, the quality of food prepared in it, the safety features of your valuable food processor, you will find cooking much more an easy job than it was before.
- Make your favorite pizza, chop your pasta meat with vegetables, shredded cheddar cheese, and do a lot of other such jobs at ease.
- Sometimes, when you wish to use this food processor with heavy stuff, you might not get the desired results since electronic appliances fail when the users try to use them beyond their capacity.
- 600 Watt motor power
- 3 speed options
- Wide heavy base
- 12-cup bowl capacity
- Easy to Use & Clean
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- Safety Lock
When we are stuffed with bulky tasks of dealing with different kinds of baking, chopping and slicing, occasional and regular cooking are always in need of a food processor that makes our life easier.
This best multi-functional food processor is highly user friendly and quite handy in the kitchen since, with a little effort, you can manage the tough kitchen jobs quite comfortably.
A machine that can slice, chop, shred, and knead the dough and still remains stable, its motor does not get strain, and its components customize the job as per your requirement should make it the best food processor for you.
In addition, its safety feature of locking the whole unit before it is ready for use adds to its value.
The overall outlook of this product is ultimate and will fit the aesthetic of your kitchen.
What to consider before buying the best food processor for dough in 2022?
While buying the best food processor for dough, you must consider certain features that make it a perfect choice for you.
The best food processor should have quality components such as motor, dough blade, bowl for kneading dough, and the material used in its make to make the tedious task of kneading dough easy and manageable besides retaining its weight and texture.
Following are the most important things to consider before buying the best food processor for dough kneading.
A powerful motor is one of the essential components of a food processor especially when you want to have it for dough kneading.
Usually, the 750 watts plus power output food processors work quite efficiently in kneading dough. You can perform multiple tasks with such food processors for an extended period without straining the motor.
It is a must to check the capacity of the food processor’s bowl. For an average family, a 7-10 cup bowl food processor will work great.
If you have a big family, and you regularly need to knead the dough, then a graciously large-sized bowl should be the part of the best food processor for dough. A 12 or 14-cup size bowl should serve the purpose.
The 3-cup bowl food processor will work great for mixing spices, chopping vegetables, or making juices.
The bowl should be durable and hygienic when you are searching for the best food processor for dough mixing.
At that point, when you are looking for the food processor for kneading dough, you should check the food processor which has special dough blades.
There are different sizes and kinds of blades that are offered by various brands. Like, KNIFE BLADE used for chopping vegetables, mixing spices, mashing, and pureeing as well, also called a multipurpose blade.
Dough blade for kneading dough, and grating and slicing blade for grating cheese consistently, cut vegetables neatly, and finely crush bread morsels, and other dry ingredients.
The best brands for food processors provide sharp and high-quality blades and grating disks for the best results.
Ensure the food processor has the attachments that you want. These include the blender, juicer, mill, whisk, spatula, and a storage box for additional functions.
Such accessories are valuable for getting the perfect result. So should check which associations are useful for you and pick that one.
You need to check the speed modifications for buying the best food processor.
Pulse function and speed control are helpful features as they can control the speed of the food processor according to your requirements.
You can use the fast speed option for processing solid ingredients and chopping vegetables, slow speed for making smoothies, and kneading dough.
The size is a necessary element of a food processor so that we can keep it somewhere for easy access so it will get plenty of use!
A well-structured food processor doesn’t take a lot of room in your kitchen. It easily fits in any space on your ledge.
Picking an average name brand food processor justifies your money.
Cuisinart, Black and Decker, Oster, Hamilton Beach, KitchenAid are the top-recommended brands for the best food processor.
When you are buying the best food processor for dough mixing, you should see its assurance first.
A food processor with a significant assurance term like five to ten years shows a tolerable reputation for that brand.